Best phones to gift your Dad for Father’s day 2020
Our fathers are the heroes in our lives. All their life they do a lot of things for us. This includes many sacrifices and many compromises. When we children start earning on our own, it is our duty to give them that happiness that they sacrificed once for us. This could be anything. It is said that that a gift is a gift and if you are offering it to your parents, then for them it would be the whole world. Father’s day is around the corner and one must gift something meaningful and useful to their father. If your father is not having a good phone, then you could gift him a good phone on this very day. We have listed 8 latest phones in the section down to help you out. Have a look at them, one by one, to know about their specifications in detail.
#1. Moto g7
If you are someone who wants to buy the best gift for your father but are not able to invest money in the Apple or Samsung phones, then this is probably the best option you could go for. Let us look at its features in greater detail.
- The phone has got a display of 6.2 full HD display along with the Max vision. This is a huge one in this price range.
- Being one of the most important features of a phone in today’s world, this phone too comes with a fingerprint sensor.
- The phone has a 4GB RAM and internal storage of 64 GB which is again a great pick.
- The phone has a battery of 3000mAh and the camera is 12+5 MP.
- Amazing display
- Comes with important apps pre-installed
- Amazing camera quality
- One could enable Alexa app on this phone
- The sound quality of the phone needs improvement.
#2. Pixel 3A
If you or your father is a camera person, then you are definitely going to fall for this one. This phone is definitely expensive than the previous one, but the features make it all worth. You will understand about it, once you look at the features that are listed below.
- This phone has great battery life. The best part about its battery is that it charges really fast, thus saving your time. You need to charge it up for just 15 minutes and then it could be used for 7 hours.
- As we mentioned earlier also, the camera of this one is beyond amazing. It has a front camera of 8MP and rear camera of 12.2 MP. The camera is best for taking pictures at night.
- The phone comes with a custom-made Titan M security chip. This chip helps in securing the OS and the data like password etc.
- 3 years of security and OS update
- Great battery life
- Amazing camera
- Comes with Titan M security
- It is not water resistant
- Do not contain wireless charging system
#3. Razer Phone 2
If your dad is amongst those people who are game enthusiasts then this is the phone you could go for. Razer Phone 2 is known as the Flagship gaming phone, which is surely dedicated to gamers. Along with this particular thing, there are a lot of other features too that makes this one a better option than a lot of other phones of this range. Let us have a look at the features in detail.
- The phone, along with its gaming features has an amazing camera quality. It comes with a Sony IMX sensor loaded in it, which enables the user to click sharp and stable images.
- Razer chroma is one of those exclusive features that could not be found in other phones. This particular feature gives you to use 16.8 million colors altogether which is great.
- Unlike the previous option, this phone is water resistant and will remain safe if it gets submerged up to 1-meter water.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- Wireless fast charging option
- 8 GB RAM
- Features Dolby Atmos
- Holding the phone is uncomfortable
#4. Blackberry Key2
Is your dad an old school and like conventional things more? If the answer is yes, then here is the best phone option for him. Blackberry Key 2 is a keypad phone and comes with a lot of amazing features. Here are few of them
- This has a dual camera which means that this is the first Blackberry that has a dual camera in it. The camera takes amazing day time photographs
- The phone comes with a keyboard which is lashed with speed key, touch navigation, customizable shortcuts, and embedded fingerprint sensor.
- The frame of the phone is highly durable, as it is made up of 7 aluminum alloy.
- It has 6 GB RAM and supports microSD card up to 256 GB. This clearly says that the phone is best when it comes to storage.
- 24 MP rare camera
- 6 GB RAM and 64 GB internal storage
- Aluminum unbreakable frame
- The camera is not appropriate for night photography
#5. iPhone XR
You could not doubt on the quality of an iPhone. If this father’s day, you want to present your father a sensible gift, then this should be your pick. Its big screen and amazing performance will make you a fan and when your father will use it, he will be forever thankful.
- The first ever thing that you will notice in this phone is its 6.1 display which is bigger than a lot of other iPhones. This makes a lot of difference in the performance of the phone.
- The front glass of this phone is precision machined, aerospace graded aluminum bands and water and dust resistant.
- It comes with a face ID lock system, which takes up its security level to another height.
- All the iPhones are known for their camera, but this one is beyond excellence. It has an innovative sensor, which with the help of ISP and neural engine helps the users in creating photos that could not have been created before.
- Extraordinary camera quality
- Superb security system
- Amazing build quality
- Widest screen ever
- The phone’s camera lacks an optical zoom
#6. Galaxy S10 Plus
There is not just one specification that one could count in order to describe this phone’s goodness. This has all the good features embedded and you will come to know about it, once you look at the features in the section below.
- The display of this phone is frameless which makes it look stunning.
- With the camera that is there on the phone, you get the best quality pictures at the day time.
- You could easily share your power to any of your friend’s phone and you do not need any wire for it.
- Once the battery is fully charged, it could b used for all day long.
- Cinematic display
- Effortless photography could be done
- All day battery sustenance
- Night shots are not the best on this phone
#7. Huawei P30 Pro
If your dad is a stylish man and is very particular about the way he carries out things, then this is the phone you should go with. It is not just good for the camera but is also good because of its design.
- This phone is popular for its amazing design, as we mentioned earlier also.
- It has very long battery life.
- The rare camera of this phone is 40+20 MP and this is the reason that it takes the best photos even in the low light.
- It has 8 GB RAM and 128 GB internal memory.
- Best quality images, even in low light
- Great battery life
- Stunning design
- The processor of the phone needs improvement
- It does not come with an earphone jack
For those who earn well and want to gift their dad a luxurious phone, this could be the best option. As mentioned above, the iPhone’s performance and quality could not be doubted. One could write pages upon the features of this phone. Here is a list of a few of them, just to give you an idea about them.
- It comes with a custom OLED display. The phone has apple’s largest display ever.
- The glass of this phone is highly durable with a beautiful new gold finish. The frame is made up of stainless steel.
- It comes with Intelligent A12 Bionic which is a chip, considered to be the smartest and powerful of all.
- Widest display ever
- Wireless charging
- Water and dust resistant
- The advanced level security system
- No cons
Buying guide for a good phone
There are a lot of features that one should see, before buying a good smartphone. The features that are listed below are very important and could not be skipped if the person wants to get the best option.
The first thing that one should consider in their mind before buying a phone is its budget. In simple words, we could say that before looking at any other feature on the phone, one should decide what amount of money he or she wants to spend in order to buy a phone. There are a lot of ways in which one could buy a phone in the budget. You just need to decide first. There are certain sites that give you a special discount so that the phone you wish to buy should come in your range. If the discount thing is also not working for you, then you could go for EMI options. The phones with iOS are more expensive than Android smartphones and are often bought on EMI.
The processor varies from phone to phone. It depends on a lot of factors and some of them are OS, UI, bloatware, etc. The processor that you select for your phone depends on the type of phone user you are. If a person uses a phone to edit photos, videos, documents, etc. then he or she needs to select a smartphone with Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 or 820. The same applies to those who want to play heavy games, stream videos online and other online activities. However, those who are light users could go for the phones with Media Tek processor.
- Battery life
When buying a phone, this is the most important thing that should be there in your mind. A phone may have all the features in it, but if the battery life is not good, it won’t be considered as a good phone. The battery life of a phone, however, depends on the type of users. If the phone is in the hands of a heavy user, then the battery of the phone won’t last for long. For such users, the battery of a phone should be at least of 3500mAh. Those who are light users could go for a phone with a battery of 3000mAh.
This was not a matter of concern a few years back, but now a day, storage is a big thing and people need to consider this. Now a day, we use our phone a lot and therefore store a lot of things in it. Today, a lot of smartphones come with pre-installed applications and a lot of space is taken by them. Therefore, the phones that we buy do not come with the exact storage space. If you ask for good storage, then one should go for at least 32 GB. If you are a heavy phone user, then you should go for 64 GB or 128 GB. If the phone has a storage capacity of this extent, then one needs no SD card.
When we are talking about the specifications a phone should have, the camera could not be skipped. There are a lot of people who go buy a phone just because the camera of that phone is good. One mistake, which almost each one of us does while picking up a camera phone is, we just go for the megapixels that the camera has. There are several other features also that needs to be considered in order to decide whether a phone’s camera is good or not. For example, ISO levels, pixel size, the autofocus are few of the things that one needs to check before they fall for a particular camera. So, these were all the 8 phones that could be gifted to our fathers this father’s day. All these phones are the best in their category and range. The buying guide is attached to help the readers in selecting the best for themselves.